Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mana Clash Alpha v2

The download for the new version can be found here.

I know it's been a while with no updates since the last version, mostly because I was wrapping up my summer semester. Thankfully it's over now and that means I can get back to working on my projects! Today I have the second Alpha for Mana Clash available, and I plan on having Beta available in two weeks, assuming I can stick to my development schedule. If nothing goes horribly wrong, I expect to have this game launched by the end of the summer before I go back to trudging through another semester of college.

I would also like to note that Alpha v1 is no longer available on Rapidshare, so don't try to download it. As a free member, they delete all of the files on their servers after 30 days. Seeing as how I don't make money off of these games, and keeping an outdated possibly bug ridden version available for download isn't exactly necessary... I decided that I won't attempt to re-upload it. To be safe, I do have a copy of the .rar saved on my computer, so if there is ever a reason for me to re-upload it, I can. I will also start looking into a different file sharing site for launch, so that I don't have to constantly re-upload Mana Clash every month. If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

Now, as for the change log for Alpha v2, I made the following minor improvements to the game:

- Added the ability to immediately play again after successfully clearing all of the blocks.
- Added controller support. (See below for more information)
- Added graphics to indicate when mana and blocks are cleared.
- Fixed two separate bugs that could cause the game to crash under rare circumstances.

Controller support right now is very rudimentary and I probably won't be revisiting it unless there is a major problem. It was designed utilizing a traditional NES controller to recapture the retro feel, and there is no way to re-map the buttons in game, so you will have to use your own button remapping software if you are using a different controller.

D-Pad: Controls movement.
Buttons 0 & 1: Rotates the Mana.
Button 3: Pauses the game.

Currently, the idea for Beta 1 & 2 will mostly be cosmetic changes as opposed to game play changes. If I have some time during the development cycle to add more, I will, but expect the bulk of the content to come at release. During this time I'm also going to be working on prepping my next game which will be a collaborative effort, as well as tuning my other unannounced project. More on both of those in the future when I have more to tell you aside from hopes and dreams. In the meantime, enjoy! As usual, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment